Seamer Basant Mohanty snapped three wickets as Odisha dismissed Karnataka for 179 and then reached 42-2 in first innings at stumps on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match here today.
As many as 12 wickets fell at the Palam A Ground as Mohanty (3/46) and Biplab Samantaray (2/20) took three and two wickets, while Suryakant Pradhan (1/46), Alok Mangaraj (1/22) and Dhiraj Singh (1/31) accounted for one wicket to wrap up Karnataka’s first innings within 200.
Wicket-keeper batsman C M Gautam was the top-scorer for Karnataka, scoring a 84-ball 54, laced with eight hits to the fence. He was the last batsman to be dismissed, caught by Mohanty off Dhiraj’s bowling in the 67th over.
Opener Ravikumar Samarth (26), No. 3 Robin Uthappa (23) and Krishnappa Gowtham (21) were the other contributors for Karnataka.
In reply, Odisha batted for 18 overs, scoring 42 for two. Govinda Poddar (16) and Dhiraj Singh (0) were at the crease when the stumps were drawn.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Opener Sandeep Pattanaik (18) was caught by Samarth off Arvind Sreenath and Ranjit Singh (6) was run out by Ronit More.
Earlier, Karnataka scored the first fifty in 21.6 overs losing the wicket of opener Mayank Agarwal (4). But the next fifty runs cost them five more wickets as they were 103-6 in 44 overs.
Karnataka reached 166/8 in 54.4 overs, losing two more wickets, at tea.
Karnataka 1st Innings: 179allout in 66.2 overs (CM Gautam 54; Basant Mohanty 3/46)
Odisha 1st innings: 42-2 in 18 overs (Sandeep Pattanaik 18; Arvind Sreenath 1/9).