A fighting century by Murtaza Trunkwala and an equally commendable effort from the lower order enabled Maharashtra register a draw against Saurashtra on the final day of a Ranji Trophy Group B match.
Saurashtra required eight wickets on the last day to post an innings win but Maharashtra batsmen denied them full points from the match.
Left-arm spinner Dharmendrasinh Jadeja (4/64) claimed four wickets, but Saurashtra could take only six of the eight wickets they needed as Maharashtra ended on 345 for eight.
Resuming their second innings on 114 for two after following-on, Trunkwala scored 117 off 227 deliveries studded with 22 boundaries before he fell in the 33rd over of the day.
Another significant contribution from the middle order batsman Ankit Bawne (60) helped Maharashtra hang on.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
When Bawne got out, Maharashtra’s scorecard was reading 230 for five with over 50 overs left in the day, but Chirag Khurana (44), Vishant More (39) and Shrikant Mundhe (24) showed a lot of character and ensured a point from the match. Jadeja finished with a match haul of nine for 105.
Saurashtra: 657 for 8 decl
Maharashtra: 182 & 345 for eight in 130 overs (Murtaza Trunkwala 117, Ankit Bawne 60; Dharmendrasinh Jadeja 4/64).
Points: Saurashtra 3, Maharashtra 1.