Mohit Sharma sent a timely reminder to the national selectors with his second successive five-wicket haul with Haryana beating Chattisgarh by 161 runs in a Ranji Trophy encounter, here today.
The match ended in the first session of the fourth day as Chattisgarh starting the day at 50 for six chasing a target of 279 were all out for 117 in 44 overs with Abhimanyu Chauhan top-scoring with 46.
Mohit after his 5/26 against Hyderabad grabbed 5 for 27 against Chattisgarh. Looking in good rhythm, the Haryana seamer should be back in contention as far as the limited overs matches are concerned.
He took a couple of wickets including that of Chauhan to complete his seventh five-for in first-class cricket.
Brief Scores: Haryana 178 and 289.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Chattisgarh 189 and 117 (Abhimanyu Chauhan 46, Mohit Sharma 5/27). Haryana won by 161 runs.
Points: Haryana 6; Chattisgarh 0.