The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) has lodged an official complaint with BCCI over their decision to reschedule the Ranji Trophy league match between Gujarat and Bengal. MCA has alleged the change will be unfair for other teams who are trying hard to compete for a place in the knockouts.
For the first time in the history of Ranji Trophy, the BCCI was forced to cancel two ties in the national capital due to smog and pollution. The two league matches — the Group A clash between Gujarat and Bengal and the Group C fixture between Hyderabad and Tripura — will now be played from December 15 to 18 in Visakhapatnam and Kolkata respectively.
The board’s technical committee has decided to reschedule the match, which was to be held from November 6 to 9 at the Feroz Shah Kotla. “It has brought to our notice that the Ranji Trophy match between Gujarat and Bengal has been rescheduled on account of unforeseen conditions in Delhi from 5th to 8th November 2016.
The rescheduling of the said match after the completion of all matches gives unfair advantage to the participating teams with respect to their qualification the knockout phase. This would be unfair for the rest of the teams who would have finished all the matches by then,” MCA joint secretary Unmesh Khanvilkar wrote in his letter to BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke, a copy of which is in possession with The Indian Express. Khanvilkar added in his letter: “We strongly feel that such rescheduling is unfair to the rest of the teams especially in the Ranji Trophy league phase and we hereby lodge a formal protest on the rescheduling of the said match.We would request league to reconsider your decision and oblige.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More