Kedar Jadhav hit a brilliant century and Naushad Shaikh missed his ton by a whisker as Maharashtra produced a solid batting display to amass 352-5 against Assam at stumps on the first day of their Group B Ranji Trophy match.
Kedar blasted a quick fire 115 of 106 balls (136min, 15×4, 3×6) and Naushad made 97 (12×4)as the duo put on 183 runs of 32 overs for the third wicket.
Electing to bat, openers Swapnil Gugale (50, 8×4) and Murtaza Trunkwala (22) put on 54 runs before the latter was dismissed by off-spinner Swarupam Purkayastha. Maharashtra were 83 for 2 when Swapnil made his exit.
Maharashtra then rebuilt their innings through good but cautious batting effort by Naushad and Kedar, who was caught at deep extra cover by Rahul Hazarika of the bowling of left-arm spinner J Syed Mohammed.
Later, Naushad and Ankit Bawne added 51 runs for the fourth wicket.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
At close, Chirag Khurana (14) and Vishant More (9) were at the crease.
For Assam, Syed Mohammad (2/63) picked two wickets, while M K Dutta (1/78), AN Ahmed (1/55) and S Purkayastha (1/64) scalped one each.
Maharashtra first innings: 352 for 5 in 90 overs (Kedar Jadhav 115, Naushad Shaikh 97; J Syed Mohammad 2/63).