Fancied Karnataka notched up a comprehensive 189-run win over Vidarbha in their Group B Ranji Trophy cricket match with a day to spare.
The star of the third day’s play was seasoned seamer R Vinay Kumar, who returned impressive figures of 5/28 to lay Vidarbha low.
At the Moti Bagh Stadium, Karnataka resumed their second innings from their overnight score of 108/3, an overall lead of 199 runs. They were all out for 209, but not before putting themselves in the driver’s seat.
Shrikant Wagh (4/59) and Lalit Yadav (3/90) were the most successful bowlers for Vidarbha.
Overnight on 45, opener Ravikumar Samarth got out after scoring two runs, while Stuart Binny was dismissed for 12.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
R Vinay Kumar also shone with the bat, scoring 56 off 86 balls with the help of eight boundaries.
In Vidarbha’s second innings, Jitesh Sharma (61)was the only batsman to have made a substantial contribution, as the rest crumbled without a fight.
Wagh (13) was the only other batsman to reach double digit.
Points: Karnataka 3, Vidarbha 1.