Table toppers Karnataka suffered a batting collapse as they were bowled out for 200 by Saurashtra on the opening day of their Ranji Trophy Group B cricket match in Patiala on Tuesday.
Electing to bat, Karnataka did not have any substantial partnership, the highest being the 54 for the eighth wicket between top scorer Manish Pandey (75) and Shreyas Gopal (38) as they were bowled out in 64.1 overs at Dhruve Pandove Stadium.
Pandey was the only top order Karnataka order batsman who got a substantial knock. His 75 came from 122 balls from which he hit seven fours and two sixes before he became the ninth batsman out.
Karnataka’s first innings total revolved around Pandey who came two-down when the team score was 45/2.
For Saurashtra, Vandit Jivrajani and debutant Jay Chauhan picked up three wickets apiece. Jaydev Unadkat, their pace spearhead, and Kamlesh Makvana got two each.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Karnataka somewhat recovered later in the day, courtesy their captain Vinay Kumar to reduce Saurashtra, currently at the bottom of Group B, to 19 for 2 at stumps.
Snell Patel and Sheldon Jackson were at the crease for Saurashtra on 10 and 9 respectively when play ended today. Saurashtra trail by 181 runs with eight first innings wickets in hand.
Brief Scores: Karnataka 1st Innings: 200 all out in 64.1 overs (Manish Pandey 75; Vandit Jivrajani 3/41, Jay Chauhan 3/52) Saurashtra 1st Innings: 19 for 2 in 9 overs.