Delhi conceded a huge first innings lead of 159 runs with Jharkhand enforcing follow-on on the third day in a group B Ranji Trophy encounter despite twin tons from skipper Unmukt Chand and Rishabh Pant.
Replying to Jharkhand’s first innings score of 493, Delhi were all-out for 334 in their first innings thereby conceding a lead of 159 runs.
In their bid to go for an outright win, Jharkhand skipper Saurabh Tiwary asked Delhi to follow-on but Unmukt and Co gave a good account of themselves to finish the day at 165 for one with a slender lead of six runs.
Delhi will now aim to bat out the final day in order to ensure a point while Jharkhand with three in their pocket will aim to go for a six and if possible seven points from the match.
Starting the day at 225 for 3, the two overnight batsmen Unmukt (109) and Pant (117) took the score to 261 before both were dismissed in quick succession.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Delhi skipper scored his eighth first-class ton which came after a considerable period of time.
Seamer Ashish Kumar got Pant caught by Ishank Jaggi having played 106 balls hitting nine boundaries and a six.
The duo added 187 runs for the fourth wicket.
Within an addition of a run, Unmukt was dismissed by Ashish having hit 15 boundaries in his 181-ball knock.
Once Pant and Unmukt were gone, Delhi didn’t have the wherewithal to fight it out and atleast get a first innings lead.
In the second essay, Unmukt however carried on his form as he scored 63 off 96 balls with seven boundaries and two sixes. Dhruv Shorey is batting on 67 in company of Nitish Rana (34 batting).
Brief Scores: Jharkhand 1st Innings 493.
Delhi 1st innings 334 (Unmukt Chand 109, Rishabh Pant 117, Ashish Kumar 3/81, Sunny Gupta 3/62)
2nd Innings (follow on) 165/1 (Unmukt Chand 63, Dhruv Shorey 67 batting, Nitish Rana 34 batting).