Riding on Jasprit Bumrah’s 6/71, Gujarat secured three points after managing to take a narrow first-innings lead in their Group A Ranji Trophy cricket match against Mumbai here today.
After posting 432 in their first innings, Gujarat restricted Mumbai to 422 to take a crucial 15-run lead.
In their second innings on the fourth and final day, Gujarat were 82 for no loss in 45 overs at the KSCA Rajnagar Stadium.
Resuming on 328 for six, Mumbai lost Shreyas Iyer (194) for the addition of just three runs to his overnight score of 191, while Shubham Ranjane also got out quickly to leave the side struggling at 344 for eight.
However, Shardul Thakur steadied the ship with 56 off 89 balls and brought Mumbai closer to taking the first-innings lead before getting out to Jasprit Bumrah.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Thakur struck six boundaries and two sixes, while Iyer found the fence 18 times and cleared it twice during his 218-ball knock.
Bumrah was the most successful bowler for Gujarat, returning figures of 6/71.
First-innings double centurion for Gujarat, Priyank Kirit Panchal was unbeaten on 56 when the match was called off.
Points: Gujarat 3, Mumbai 1.