Hyderabad bowlers took as many as 11 wickets on the final day to ensure a 10-wicket victory over Services and earn bonus points from their Group C Ranji Trophy match here.
Services were unable to add a run to their overnight score of 360 for nine as on the fifth ball of the day Raushan Raj was cleaned up by medium-pacer Mohammad Siraj.
Hyderabad gave follow-on to Services after they fell short by 220 runs to Hyderabad’s first innings mammoth total of 580 for nine declared.
In their second innings at MCA’s Bandra Kurla complex ground, Services were let down by their openers who struggled against the pace battery of Hyderabad.
Wicketkeeper-batsman Nakul Verma, in the third over of the innings, edged to keeper Kolla Sumanth off C V Milind on 4 with the score reading 8-1. In the same over, one down batsman Ravi Chauhan (0) was caught by Bejamin Thomas in the slips.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Skipper Aanshul Gupta was then trapped leg before the wicket on 13.
The pacers, like yesterday, kept on bowling in the right areas and reaped results. Hyderabad sniffed victory as they kept taking regular wickets. At lunch, Services were 97 for three and needed to bat another couple of sessions to draw the match.
After lunch, medium pacer Ravi Kiran, who had grabbed three wickets in the first innings, struck twice within few minutes to leave Services teething at 117 for 5. G Rahul Singh top scored with 59.
Vikas Yadav (47) and Vikas Hathwala (44) rallied the innings by conjuring a 80-run sixth wicket stand.
Hathwala, while trying to paddle sweep, top edged as the slip fielder Sandeep took an easy catch.
Services now were reeling at 197 for six. Eventually they were bundled out for 239.
Chasing just 20 for victory, Hyderabad openers Thomas (4) and Akshath Reddy (15) completed the job.
Hyderabad: 580/9 & 20 for no loss
Services 360 & 239 (G Rahul Singh 59, Vikas Yadav 47, Vikas Hathwala 44; M Ravi Kiran 4/32, Mohammed Siraj 3/59).
Points: Hyderabad 7, Services 0.
1) Andhra won by an innings and 38 runs.
Tripura: 171 & 315; Andhra 524/6 declared.
Points: Andhra 7, Tripura 0.
2) Chhattisgarh: 238 & 309/9 declared; Himachal Pradesh 314 & 139/7. Match drawn.
Points: Himachal Pradesh 3, Chhattisgarh 1.
3) Haryana: 502; J&K: 262 & 249/3 (f/o). Match drawn.
Points: Haryana 3, Jammu & Kashmir 1
4) Kerala: 342 & 257/8 declared; Goa 286 & 279/5. Match drawn.
Points: Kerala 3, Goa 1.