- Bihar Board 10th result 2017 declared live updates: Check BSEB results 2017 online at biharboard.ac.in and bihar.indiaresults.com
- Tubelight movie review: Salman Khan film flickers a lot with a little late glow
- Presidential Polls: Meira Kumar will challenge Ram Nath Kovind, BSP and SP go with Opposition choice
Hyderabad bowlers took as many as 11 wickets on the final day to ensure a 10-wicket victory over Services and earn bonus points from their Group C Ranji Trophy match here.
Services were unable to add a run to their overnight score of 360 for nine as on the fifth ball of the day Raushan Raj was cleaned up by medium-pacer Mohammad Siraj.
Hyderabad gave follow-on to Services after they fell short by 220 runs to Hyderabad’s first innings mammoth total of 580 for nine declared.
In their second innings at MCA’s Bandra Kurla complex ground, Services were let down by their openers who struggled against the pace battery of Hyderabad.
Wicketkeeper-batsman Nakul Verma, in the third over of the innings, edged to keeper Kolla Sumanth off C V Milind on 4 with the score reading 8-1. In the same over, one down batsman Ravi Chauhan (0) was caught by Bejamin Thomas in the slips.
Skipper Aanshul Gupta was then trapped leg before the wicket on 13.
The pacers, like yesterday, kept on bowling in the right areas and reaped results. Hyderabad sniffed victory as they kept taking regular wickets. At lunch, Services were 97 for three and needed to bat another couple of sessions to draw the match.
After lunch, medium pacer Ravi Kiran, who had grabbed three wickets in the first innings, struck twice within few minutes to leave Services teething at 117 for 5. G Rahul Singh top scored with 59.
Vikas Yadav (47) and Vikas Hathwala (44) rallied the innings by conjuring a 80-run sixth wicket stand.
Hathwala, while trying to paddle sweep, top edged as the slip fielder Sandeep took an easy catch.
Services now were reeling at 197 for six. Eventually they were bundled out for 239.
Chasing just 20 for victory, Hyderabad openers Thomas (4) and Akshath Reddy (15) completed the job.
Hyderabad: 580/9 & 20 for no loss
Services 360 & 239 (G Rahul Singh 59, Vikas Yadav 47, Vikas Hathwala 44; M Ravi Kiran 4/32, Mohammed Siraj 3/59).
Points: Hyderabad 7, Services 0.
1) Andhra won by an innings and 38 runs.
Tripura: 171 & 315; Andhra 524/6 declared.
Points: Andhra 7, Tripura 0.
2) Chhattisgarh: 238 & 309/9 declared; Himachal Pradesh 314 & 139/7. Match drawn.
Points: Himachal Pradesh 3, Chhattisgarh 1.
3) Haryana: 502; J&K: 262 & 249/3 (f/o). Match drawn.
Points: Haryana 3, Jammu & Kashmir 1
4) Kerala: 342 & 257/8 declared; Goa 286 & 279/5. Match drawn.
Points: Kerala 3, Goa 1.