Riding on an unbeaten 83 by B Sandeep, Hyderabad managed to post 303 for 7 at stumps on the first day of their Group G Ranji Trophy encounter against Services here.
Put into bat at the MCA’s Bandra-Kurla complex ground, Hyderabad openers added 31 when Benjamin Thomas was dismissed for 14. B Anirudh and and Akshath Reddy then conjured 105 runs for the second wicket stand before Services made a stunning comeback by crippling the Hyderabad middle-order.
Both Reddy and Anirudh rotated the strike well and also played eloquent shots. However it was Services medium-pacer Raushan Raj, who was rewarded for his disciplined line and length as he grabbed three quick wickets.
Reddy was caught by keeper Nakul Verma off Raj on 64, which comprised 9 boundaries. Anirudh was trapped leg before the wicket on 49 and in the same over Raj sent back Sumanth Kolla for a duck.
Raj, who eventually took four wickets, was robbed off a hat-rick due to sloppy fielding. He also dismissed Akash Bhandari on 4 as he kept bowling in the same areas.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, S Badrinath, was run out for a duck. Hyderabad, who were comfortably positioned at 136 for 2, soon were reeling under pressure with the 141 for 6.
Then B Sandeep was ably supported by Mehdi Hasan, who notched 63 off 84 deliveries and helped the side recover and pass the 250-run-mark.
They shared a 135-run stand for the seventh wicket. Hasan was run out on 61 by Raj Bahadur Paul. For Services, spinner Vikas Yadav scaled a wicket each.
Brief Scores: Hyderabad 303/7 (B Sandeep 83 batting, Akshath Reddy 64, Raushan Raj 4/52, Vikas Yadav 1/70) vs Services.