Skipper Gautam Gambhir and his young bunch would like to pick up the pieces after a horrendous show against Karnataka in the last game as Delhi face a plucky Odisha in their fourth Ranji Trophy group league encounter.
Both teams met with contrasting fortunes in their previous encounter. While Odisha beat Saurashtra by 32 runs in a low-scoring encounter, Delhi were hammered by an innings and 160 runs as all the batsmen came cropper on a helpful Eden Gardens track.
It is expected that Mohali will be a better batting track that might help the Delhi boys get into their groove after the last game where Varun Sood’s 41 in the second innings was the highest score for KP Bhaskar’s boys.
For skipper Gambhir it will be an opportunity to get some runs under his belt as he eyes to hold his place as the reserve opener in the Indian Test side.
Gambhir’s problems against short ball as well as deliveries with movement were thoroughly exposed by Sreenath Aravind and Abhimanyu Mithun in the last game.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
While Mohali pitch may not assist the seamers like Eden Gardens but the wily Basant Mohanty can always prove to be a handful in domestic circuit if he gets a bit of help from the track. He is expected to get good support from Suryakant Pradhan and Deepak Behera.
Vice-captain Unmukt Chand has again failed to convert the starts while Rishabh Pant after two superb knocks must have learnt his lessons from the last game and would like to be judcious in his shot selection considering his importance in this young line-up. Ditto for Milind Kumar, Nitish Rana and Dhruv Shorey, who are expected to bring their A game to the fore.