Left-hander Balachander Anirudh struck a sublime 120 not out, his maiden first-class hundred, to lead Hyderabad’s rescue act and force a draw against Kerala in their Ranji Trophy Group C cricket match at the KIIT Cricket Stadium.
The 22-year-old lefthander hit two sixes and 14 fours in his fluent knock from 192 balls as Hyderabad replied strongly with 220 for three in their second innings after they were forced to followed-on.
Kerala bagged three points on basis of their first innings lead to be on six points, one behind Hyderabad.
Earlier on the day, in reply to Kerala’s 517 for nine declared, Hyderabad were dismissed with an addition of 50 to their overnight total to concede a huge 236 first innings deficit.
Following-on, Hyderabad lost both their openers for 67 but Anirudh stayed on and denied Kerala an innings victory.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kerala used as many as seven bowlers but none could break the defence of Anirudh as he carried his bat through the day to salvage a point for Hyderabad.
Kerala: 517/9 dec
Hyderabad: 281 (Mehdi Hasan 58, Akash Bhandari 40; Sandeep Warrier 3/57, K Monish 3/56) & 220/3 in 69 overs (Balchander Anirudh 120 not out).
Points: Kerala 3, Hyderabad 1.