Bengal captain Manoj Tiwary said that despite the Bansi Lal Stadium track being the “toughest in domestic cricket”, he is not happy with the execution of his batsmen as well as bowlers during their Ranji Trophy match against Baroda where 23 wickets fell in a single day.
“Such is the track that I don’t think any target above 120 can be chased. This is because there are grass patches at drivable length where if the ball lands on seam, batsmen are going for the drive and that’s a mistake. There are damp patches with moisture and the ball is rearing up awkwardly. Life is difficult for batsmen,” Tiwary told PTI.
“Tell me a batsman like Deepak Hooda who is going through a purple patch this season gets out twice in a day. He was struggling. Our batsmen became too ambitious and paid the price,” said Tiwary.
If one thought that he was happy with bowlers, then Tiwary’s analysis will make one think twice.
“When I won the toss, I knew we had the bowling firepower to get them quickly. If you feel 97 is a good effort, I don’t feel the same. On this track with our bowlers, we should have got them out for 60. It is that kind of a track. I believe we gave 25 runs extra today,” the skipper said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
With Baroda already enjoying 84-run lead with seven wickets in hand, is it practically possible to get seven wickets for another 36 runs.
“I don’t know whether it’s possible or not but that’s the chaseable par score in the fourth innings on this track. I reckon that if you get to bowl 36 deliveries and pitch 20 off them on those damp or grassy patches, we can get seven wickets quickly.”