Punjab captain Yuvraj Singh suffered a double failure as Railways picked up three points on the basis of first innings lead in the Ranji Trophy Group A match that ended in a draw here today.
Railways, resuming their second innings at 180 for two, went on to declare at 245 for seven with first innings centurion Shivakant Shukla missing out on another hundred by three runs.
Punjab in their second innings were 170 for three when play was called off with Uday Kaul and Mandeep Singh batting on 61 and 41 respectively.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Railways had gained the all important lead yesterday by bowling out Punjab for 215 runs after making 331 in their first innings.
Yuvraj, who scored 9 in first innings, was out caught and bowled to Ashish Yadav on 17 for a double failure in his first match of the Ranji Trophy.
Railways 331 and 245/7 decl (Shukla 97).
Punjab 215 all out and 170/3 in 58 overs (Uday 61 not out, Mandeep 41 not out).
Heavyweights UP crash to innings defeat against MP
Uttar Pradesh suffered badly due to ill-health of their skipper Suresh Raina crashing to an innings and 64 run defeat at the hands of arch-rivals Madhya Pradesh in an opening group league fixture of the Ranji Trophy, here today.
After being forced to follow-on, UP started the final day on 118 for two, with another 171 runs in arrears.
However pacer Chandrakant Sakure grabbed 6 for 40 as UP lost last seven wickets for 64 runs to be bowled out for 225 in their second innings. They had scored 176 in the first innings after MP had piled up a commendable 465 riding on Harpreet Singh Bhatia’s double hundred.
For UP, left-hander Tanmay Srivastava top-scored with 93 while Sarfaraz Khan contributed 49.
Brief Scores: MP 1st innings 465.
UP 176 and 225 in 99.4 overs (Tanmay Srivastava 93, Sarfaraz Khan 49, Chandrakant Sakure 6/40).
MP won by an innings and 64 runs.
Gujarat take three points after Juneja’s double ton
Mayank Juneja smashed a double hundred while Axar Patel scored his maiden century as Gujarat responded strongly to Baroda’s total to secure three points on the basis of first innings lead in the Ranji Trophy Group A match here today.
In response to Baroda’s 544/8 declare, Gujrat amassed 554/4 to take the lead on day four of the match that ended in a draw.
It was a marathon effort from Juneja, who consumed 334 balls to be 201 not out. Patel too played a memorable knock and was unbeaten on 109 alongside Juneja when the play was called off.
Gujarat, resuming the day at 277/4, frustrated the opposition the entire day with Juneja and Patel sharing an unbeaten 237 run stand.
Baroda 544/8 decl. Gujarat 554/4 in 178 overs (Juneja 201*, Patel 109*).