Sandeep Sharma returned with a five-wicket haul before Manan Vohra and Jiwanjot Singh hit twin half-centuries as Punjab dismissed Uttar Pradesh for 335 and then reached 244-3 at stumps on the second day of their Ranji Triphy Group A match in Hyderabad.
Sandeep dismissed the late order batsmen — Kuldeep Yadav (71), Imtiaz Ahmed (0) and Amit Mishra (7) early today to return with figures of 29.5-4-85-5.
However, Saurabh Kumar dismissed Jiwanjot in the 37th over and then got rid of Vohra in the 41st over. In the 68th over, he removed Uday Kaul (34) as well.
At the draw of stumps, Mandeep Singh (10) and skipper Yuvraj were at the crease with Punjab still trailing by 91 runs in their first innings.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Resuming their first innings at an overnight score of 300-6, Uttar Pradesh could add just another 35 runs with overnight batsman Saurabh Kumar completing his half-century.
Overnight batsman Kuldeep Yadav (71) was the first to be dismissed at the 97th over and Imtiaz Ahmed (0) was then sent packing in the 101th over. Amit Mishra was the last to be dismissed in the 103rd over.
Uttar Pradesh 1st innings: 335 allout in 102.5 overs. Punjab 1st innings: 243/3 in 75 overs (Yuvraj Singh 72 not out; Sourabh Kumar 3/58).