Riding on Jiwanjot Singh’s 82-ball 69-run knock, Punjab on Tuesday notched up a seven-wicket win over Uttar Pradesh to grab six valuable points in their Ranji Trophy Group A match in Hyderabad.
Chasing 112-run victory target, Punjab resumed their second innings at 61-2 today and overnight batsman Jiwanjot produced his 18th first-class fifty, which was studded with 10 boundaries to seal the win.
He was dismissed in the 28th over with Punjab needing just four more runs to win. Jiwanjot was supported well by overnight batsman Uday Kaul (9 not out), who hit the winning runs with a boundary to seal the win at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium.
With two wins in five matches, Punjab are currently placed third in the pool, behind Tamil Nadu.
Brief Score: Uttar Pradesh 335 & 95 Punjab 319 & 112/3 in 28.1 overs (Jiwanjot Singh 69; Sourabh Kumar 2/31).
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched