President Pranab Mukherjee has congratulated the Indian cricket team for its historic win against England at Lord’s and said the nation was proud of the achievement which materialised after a gap of 28 years.
In his message to captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the President said “Please convey my hearty congratulations and best wishes to all members of your team on the magnificent achievement of winning the just concluded Test Match against England at Lord’s.
“The nation is proud of this historic achievement which has materialised after a gap of 28 years. I wish Team India continued success in the series and future matches,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
India registered a historic 95-run win over England on the fifth and final day of the second cricket Test at Lord’s on Monday.
India’s last Test victory at Lord’s had come in June 1986 when the Kapil Dev-led team had beaten the English side by five wickets.