President Pranab Mukherjee has congratulated the Indian cricket team for its historic win against England at Lord’s and said the nation was proud of the achievement which materialised after a gap of 28 years.
In his message to captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the President said “Please convey my hearty congratulations and best wishes to all members of your team on the magnificent achievement of winning the just concluded Test Match against England at Lord’s.
“The nation is proud of this historic achievement which has materialised after a gap of 28 years. I wish Team India continued success in the series and future matches,” he said.
India registered a historic 95-run win over England on the fifth and final day of the second cricket Test at Lord’s on Monday.
India’s last Test victory at Lord’s had come in June 1986 when the Kapil Dev-led team had beaten the English side by five wickets.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016