Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Najam Sethi debunked the claim that Pakistani players have not been barred from doing push-ups. It was earlier reported that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has barred the players from doing push-ups or press-ups after wins with the Inter-Provincial Coordination Committee raising the issue post their 133 run win against West Indies in Abu Dhabi.
Pakistani media had reported that Sethi said that the activity has been stopped after various Pakistani lawmakers questioned the message behind the action. “Who were Misbah-ul-Haq and other players giving a message to by doing push-ups?,” Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MNA Rana Muhammad Afzal was reported to have asked. He further wondered why the push-ups were done only after the win and not after losses – if they were indeed a show of fitness by the team.
It was reported that the players had been barred from doing so. However, contrary to reports Najam Sethi himself tweeted later on Wednesday that the players have nit been banned from the activity altogether. “Oh for God’s sake, there is no ban on pushups! In fact I think players should do 100 pushups when they score a century!!” he said in a tweet.
Oh for God’s sake, there is no ban on pushups! In fact I think players should do 100 pushups when they score a century!! 👍
— Najam Sethi (@najamsethi) October 26, 2016
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Pakistan recently recorded an emphatic victory over West Indies in the second Test of the series at Abu Dhabi. Pakistan trumped the visitors by 133 runs to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three match Test series. Pakistan were ranked number one in the ICC Test rankings before the series until they were by India following India’s victory in their second of a three-match Test series against New Zealand. India went on to do a series whitewash over New Zealand.