Paul Farbrace has been appointed England assistant coach, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Wednesday.
Former Sri Lanka coach Farbrace will work alongside new director of cricket Peter Moores.
The 46-year-old led Sri Lanka to this year’s Asia Cup and the World Twenty20 title in Bangladesh, the country’s first global trophy since 1996.
“It’s fantastic to be given the opportunity to work with your own country’s national team and this was an offer that I could not turn down – much as I have enjoyed working with the Sri Lankan players and sharing in their recent success,” Farbrace said.
England play home test series against Sri Lanka and India this year.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
“We have a lot of work to do in a short time as we prepare for the fast-approaching international season,” Moores said.
“There is no doubt Paul will bring a lot of recent international experience to the England set-up.”
Andy Flower stepped down as England’s director of cricket in January following the team’s 5-0 Ashes defeat in Australia.