Parthiv Patel’s positive batting with scores of 42 and 67 not out has impressed skipper Virat Kohli so much that he did not rule out a possibility that along with second wicketkeeeper’s slot, the Gujarat stumper could also be an option as back-up opener.
Asked if Parthiv could be Rahul’s back-up, Virat sounded optimistic, “Wow, that’s a good headache to be honest. You never know, there are all kinds of possibilities. The way he approached both the innings, it was amazing to see. That’s where experience from first-class level comes into play. The intent he showed in both innings deflated the opposition totally. Credit to him to go out there and counter-attack the seamers. He really stood out for me as a batsman, as a keeper as well he did well. So you never know, let’s see what happens in next few days and we will take a call accordingly.”
The skipper is also happy that the reserve pool of bowlers has enabled him to push his strike bowlers that bit extra.
“Obviously, it boosts your confidence up a notch, when you have quality bowlers in your reserves as well. As a captain, you always feel that you can ask your main guys to push every game that they play. Especially, we have Ishant Sharma and Bhuvneshwar Kumar sitting and waiting for their chance. Even spinner like Amit Mishra is not playing. So it’s a good thing that whoever is playing is standing up and making his presence felt. That as a captain is pleasing.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Especially in a game like this, where you get opposition out for 280 on a flat wicket gives you confidence as a bowling unit that you are on top and dictating terms. As a captain, it is an added advantage.”
Virat said that Ashwin’s was a minor niggle sustained while taking a run and apart from the reported ones like Wriddhiman Saha, KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya, the others in the team are fit.
“All three niggles have been addressed –Rahul, Saha and Hardik. All others are fit and fine. Ashwin is fine and it was just an exaggeration while taking a run on that particular day. All are fit and fine.”
About his duel with Ben Stokes, Kohli did not want to divulge any details as to what transpired.
“See, he is competitive player and so am I. I wouldn’t like to explain or elaborate what happened on the field. It’s better left to officials to understand and know what happened. These things only motivated me in the past and they continue to do so, I don’t mind it.”