Babar Azam showed once again why he is a special talent as he became only the third Pakistan batsman to score three consecutive hundreds in one-day internationals. In the third ODI against West Indies in Abu Dhabi, the right-hander went on to make 117 runs, which was his third century of the series, all against West Indies. Zaheer Abbas and Saeed Anwar are the other two batsmen to do so for Pakistan
Azam had score 123 in the first ODI against West Indies and followed it by another century (120) in the second match. His century in the third propelled Pakistan to yet another 300-plus total in this series. Pakistan captain Azhar Ali also scored a century.
Azam broke a few record while he reached his record ton. He became only the eighth batsmen in history to score three consecutive ODI tons. Only Kumar Sangakkara has four consecutive centuries in ODI which he made last year.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Azam has 886 runs in 10 ODI innings so far in his career. This is the highest by any batsmen. He went past Viv Richards record of 883 runs from as many innings.
Azam also became the second youngest to achieve this feat. South Africa’s Quinton de Kock is the youngest to do so at the age of 20. He did it against India in a three-match ODI series.
But Azam did overtake De Kock in another record. He overtook De Kock’s tally of 342 runs to be the highest run-scorer in a three-match ODI series. He finished the West Indies series with 360 runs.
Azam is only the second batsmen in history to score three centuries in a three-match ODI series. De Kock was the first to the feat
Special talent #BabarAzam. Three 100s in a row. What a performance. Congratulations super star!
Babar Azam 8th in ODIs to make 3 or more 100s in a row, 3rd Pakistani after Zaheer Abbas & Saeed Anwar.
K Sangakkara made 4 in a row#PAKvWI
— Mohandas Menon (@mohanstatsman) 5 October 2016
Wonderful achievement from Babar Azam, hat trick of hundreds, what a star at 21yrs. #PAKvWI
— Tom Moody (@TomMoodyCricket) 5 October 2016
Babar Azam turns 22 in 10 days time.