Pakistani selectors have named an unchanged squad for the third cricket Test against the West Indies after another crushing victory in the second Test in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday.
Riding on a century by Younis Khan and another 10-wicket haul by leg-spinner Yasir Shah, the Pakistan team has taken a unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series. As such it was no surprise when the selectors named
an unchanged squad. One selector said that two or three names would be added to the squad for the tours to New Zealand and Australia later this week.
A well-informed source said that experienced but out of luck opener, Muhammad Hafeez was most likely to make the
touring squad despite being ignored for the series against the West Indies. “The selectors don’t want to take too many risks for the Tests in New Zealand and Australia and Hafeez because of his past record is a safe choice,” the source said.
Pakistan plays two Tests in New Zealand and another three in Australia in November-December.
Pakistan’s former Test batsman and now Chairman of the junior selection committee, Basit Ali said that Pakistan would face a challenge beating New Zealand because conditions were difficult there. “I think the Pakistan team will find the going tough more in New Zealand than Australia where the pitches are not the same they were some years ago,” Basit said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Pakistan squad for the third Test against West Indies: Misbah-ul-Haq (Capt), Azhar Ali, Sami Aslam, Younis
Khan, Asad Shafiq, Babar Azam, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Muhammad Nawaz, Yasir Shah, Zulfiqar Babar, Muhammad Aamir, Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali, Imran Khan senior and Sohail Khan.