Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram has raised question marks over the captaincy of Misbah-ul-Haq and said the PCB needs to appoint a brave and aggressive skipper for the 2015 World Cup.
The former seamer told reporters that while there was no question about Misbah-ul-Haq’s batting performances, the situation was not the same about his captaincy.
“They are question marks about his captaincy,” he said on Tuesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Asked about the possibility of PCB appointing Shahid Afridi as captain for next World Cup, Wasim said this was something for the board to ponder and decide.
“All I would say is that we need to have a brave and aggressive captain for the World Cup. Because we need to play positive cricket to do well,” he added.
Wasim said Pakistan had adopted the wrong approach for the Asia Cup final where it was defeated by Sri Lanka.
“I thought the decision to bat first was not correct, we should have stuck with our winning formula throughout the tournament.”
He said that Pakistan had failed to play proper positive cricket in the final and the result was a loss.
Talking about the forthcoming World T20 Cup in Bangladesh, Wasim termed Pakistan, India and West Indies as hot contenders to win the title.
“These three teams in my mind are favorites to win the title. Pakistan has a very good T20 squad but we need to play to our strength which is with aggression and positively.”
He also advised the team management to use the pace bowlers properly, pointing out that Junaid Khan was being under used.
“In my mind Junaid is your best bowler right now and he needs to be given his full quota of overs in any form of the game,” he said.