The Pakistan Cricket Board is keen to bring back former skipper Waqar Younis as the chief coach of the national team as current coach Moin Khan is tipped to take over as the head of the national selection committee.
According to a report published in The Dawn’, the legendary fast bowler is in talks with the Najam Sethi-led board to succeed Moin, who was only appointed for the Asia Cup and the ICC World Twenty20 following the end of Dav Whatmore’s two-year contract with the national side.
Waqar, who has coached Pakistan in 2010 and 2011 before resigning on health and personal grounds, has again expressed his willingness for the post after his previous application was rejected in early February by a PCB panel entrusted with the responsibility of finding the national coach.
The committee – that also included Wasim Akram, Javed Miandad and Intikhab Alam – zeroed in on Moin, who was then serving as the Pakistan team manager since the tour of Zimbabwe last August.
It is believed that Moin got the backing of Wasim but this time around the PCB is keen on roping in Waqar for a second term as the head coach.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Moin though is now certain to take up the crucial role of chief selector after Sethi’s first-choice candidate Rashid Latif opted against working with the PCB only last Wednesday.