Odisha batsmen struggled on a rain-affected first day reaching 134 for six against Vidarbha in a group B encounter of the Ranji Trophy.
All-rounder Biplab Samantray’s unbeaten 53 off 132 balls was the only saving grace as he hit six boundaries in his knock. The only signficant partnership was of 59 for the fifth wicket with Subhransu Senapati (25) after the top four were back in the pavilion even before the team total reached 50.
For Vidarbha, left-arm seamer Shrikant Wagh (2/13) and left-arm spinner Aditya Sarvate (2/37) were the main wickettakers. Off-spinner Akshay Wakhare (1/17) was the other wicket-taker.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Brief Scores: Odisha 134/6 in 70 overs (Bipalb samantray 53 batting, Subhransu Senapati 25, Shrijant Wagh 2/13).