Remember those days, of Venkatesh Prasad and Sachin Tendulkar (on separate occasions) mouthing expletives and showing batsmen Aamir Sohail and Saqlain Mushtaq the way to the dressing room? Remember those days when an India-Pakistan World Cup match was played out in shivering England even as the countries were hot at war?
Those days, according to the current day captains of the two sides, MS Dhoni and Mohammad Hafeez, is nothing more than a distant memory. Dhoni, in fact, believes that the rivalry has lost its cut-throat nature, obviously for the better.
“I believe it has mellowed down over the years. Nowadays, you won’t find altercations like it used to happen when the players of the last generation played,” Dhoni said a day before the clash. “We used to get tense watching those matches on TV when we were young. There used to be plenty of action happening apart from cricket. It’s good it’s not happening nowadays. You don’t want to cross the line,” he said.
Hafeez was asked what he felt about the Pakistan fans who want his team to beat India more than winning the trophy. “It’s great to know the expectations of the fans but we would like to win the World T20 trophy,” said Hafeez with a smile. “But for that we need to start well and win tomorrow’s match.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More