The DJ at the Barabati Stadium got his timing wrong. No sooner did MS Dhoni begin his stint at the nets, than the DJ pumped up the volume. An agitated India captain sent across the message to turn it off. An unmindful DJ continued to play the music. This, in turn, forced Dhoni to leave the nets.
- Stump mic reveals MS Dhoni’s funny sense of humour, watch video
- CSK to retain MS Dhoni, Suresh Raina; undecided on third choice
- ‘Demi God for a reason’: Twitterati fawn over viral video of fan touching MS Dhoni’s feet during match against Sri Lanka
- MS Dhoni turns fast bowler in the nets ahead of first Sri Lanka ODI, watch video
- India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I, Cuttack: South Africa beat India, take unassailable 2-0 lead
- India vs South Africa: For maximum impact, AB de Villiers gets to be opener
A source close to the team, however, played down the issue. “It’s a minor thing. The DJ was testing his speakers. Maybe he failed to understand the communication but he had eventually stopped. The team is not filing any complaint to the Orissa Cricket Association (OCA),” he said. Cuttack has warmed up to this T20 international; a must win game for India. More than 5,000 fans turned up to watch the two teams practise on Sunday. It’s a sell-out crowd expected to witness the contest.
“Cricket has always been a big craze in this part of the world, formats notwithstanding. So this is expected. Hope we will have a good game tomorrow,” OCA president Ranjib Biswal said.