Cheteshwar Pujara will be playing for Derbyshire this season while Varun Aaron is also keen on
plying his trade in the county circuit but Ishant Sharma, the seniormost bowler of the Indian Test team is not at all keen on playing in England.
Would you be interested in playing in county cricket, “No, I am not interested,” was a curt reply from the lanky pacer, who was not allowed to give an elaborate answer by the organisers of the event in a hurriedly promotional function relating to bikes, in New Delhi.
One of the heroes of India’s Lord’s Test win, Ishant was asked which among Lord’s (2014) and Perth (2008) was a more satisfying effort according to him, there was another terse reply with any elaboration.
“There can’t be any comparisons between the two performances.”
While the 25-year-old, who has 178 wickets from 58 Test matches was keen on answering a few questions, a member of the organising team was constantly stopping him from answering cricket-related queries.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
How disappointed was he after being thrashed by England in the Test series, the seamer replied,”No team wants to lose a contest. We played hard enough but they played better cricket than us.”
When someone sneaked in a question about how “cool” Dhoni is on the field, Ishant said,”You guys have seen him (Dhoni). He remains pretty relaxed.”