Cheteshwar Pujara will be playing for Derbyshire this season while Varun Aaron is also keen on
plying his trade in the county circuit but Ishant Sharma, the seniormost bowler of the Indian Test team is not at all keen on playing in England.
Would you be interested in playing in county cricket, “No, I am not interested,” was a curt reply from the lanky pacer, who was not allowed to give an elaborate answer by the organisers of the event in a hurriedly promotional function relating to bikes, in New Delhi.
One of the heroes of India’s Lord’s Test win, Ishant was asked which among Lord’s (2014) and Perth (2008) was a more satisfying effort according to him, there was another terse reply with any elaboration.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
“There can’t be any comparisons between the two performances.”
While the 25-year-old, who has 178 wickets from 58 Test matches was keen on answering a few questions, a member of the organising team was constantly stopping him from answering cricket-related queries.
How disappointed was he after being thrashed by England in the Test series, the seamer replied,”No team wants to lose a contest. We played hard enough but they played better cricket than us.”
When someone sneaked in a question about how “cool” Dhoni is on the field, Ishant said,”You guys have seen him (Dhoni). He remains pretty relaxed.”