The National Cricket Club (NCC) on Monday decided to become kit sponsors for the two visually challenged cricketers from Bengal, who have been selected for India trials for the forthcoming T20 World Cup.
The two cricketers Surajit Ghara and Prasenjit Adak will be leaving for Kerala on Tuesday where the trials are being held. The kit was formally handed over by Sourav Ganguly, who is also an executive committee member of NCC.
The second T20 World Cup for the blind will take place in January 2017 with India playing host under the aegies of Cricket Association for the Blind in India. 56 players from across the country have been selected for trials.
Speaking on the occasion Avishek Dalmiya, Chairman NADP of BCCI, said: “We believe participation in sport has a positive effect on psycho-social development of a person. We have always upheld the greater cause of sport and this is a good initiative in this direction.”
Niraj Kajaria, Secretary NCC, said: “NCC’s partnership with Cricket Association for Blind in Bengal would ensure that our objective of promoting cricket is met.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More