Virat Kohli thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his appreciation of the Indian team and BCCI’s participation in the ‘My Clean India’ initiative. Virat Kohli and members of the Indian team had joined BCCI President Anurag Thakur and other officials in conducting a cleanup drive at the Eden Gardens stadium in Kolkata. The BCCI had tweeted out a video showing the team and the BCCI President participating in the drive.
Prime Minister Modi said that he had seen the video while it was aired on a news channel and said that it was a “small but powerful gesture that will surely inspire everyone.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) 7 October 2016
In reply, the Indian Test skipper thanked the Prime Minister and said, “We all are trying to make a difference for the betterment of our country. Led in an inspirational way by you.”
Thank you @narendramodi sir. We all are trying to make a difference for the betterment of our country. Led in an inspirational way by you.
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) 7 October 2016
The drive was undertaken when Virat Kohli and the Indian team were playing New Zealand in the second Test of the three match series. Played at the Eden Gardens, it was India’s 250th Test at home and they sailed to a 178-run victory with a day to spare. With that, India took an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series and also took the number one spot in the ICC Test Rankings.