With BCCI re-confirming N Srinivasan’s nomination to the post of ICC chairman, the issue of his appointment alongwith the 2015 World Cup will form the core agenda in the annual conference week of the world body in Melbourne starting June 24.
BCCI president-in-exile Srinivasan is set to become the chairman of the world body after end of the meeting on June 28 with the Full Council expected to approve amendments to the ICC constitution which were agreed by the ICC Board in its February 8 meeting in Singapore.
A host of issues including the investiture of the new president and an update on the post-2015 commercial rights strategy will be on the table when the Associate and Affiliate Members’ meet at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) come Tuesday.
The meeting, headed by ICC president Alan Isaac, vice-president Mustafa Kamal and chief executive David Richardson, will have nominated representatives of the 10 full members plus three elected associate member representatives.
Some other important issues will also form the basis of discussion and an annual report from the chairman of the Anti-Corruption and Security Unit is one of them.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Recommendations on cricket and development matters from recent committee meetings and the ICC Associate Membership application from Oman is also on the agenda.
The staging of the conference is being supported by Cricket Australia, the Government of Victoria and the Melbourne Cricket Club.