With BCCI re-confirming N Srinivasan’s nomination to the post of ICC chairman, the issue of his appointment alongwith the 2015 World Cup will form the core agenda in the annual conference week of the world body in Melbourne starting June 24.
BCCI president-in-exile Srinivasan is set to become the chairman of the world body after end of the meeting on June 28 with the Full Council expected to approve amendments to the ICC constitution which were agreed by the ICC Board in its February 8 meeting in Singapore.
A host of issues including the investiture of the new president and an update on the post-2015 commercial rights strategy will be on the table when the Associate and Affiliate Members’ meet at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) come Tuesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The meeting, headed by ICC president Alan Isaac, vice-president Mustafa Kamal and chief executive David Richardson, will have nominated representatives of the 10 full members plus three elected associate member representatives.
Some other important issues will also form the basis of discussion and an annual report from the chairman of the Anti-Corruption and Security Unit is one of them.
Recommendations on cricket and development matters from recent committee meetings and the ICC Associate Membership application from Oman is also on the agenda.
The staging of the conference is being supported by Cricket Australia, the Government of Victoria and the Melbourne Cricket Club.