ICC chairman and BCCI’s president-in-exile N Srinivasan and his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan were among those who were on Saturday questioned by Supreme Court appointed Justice Mukul Mudgal panel members in relation to the IPL-6 betting and spot-fixing case.
Senior IPS officer BB Misra, who is also a Deputy DG of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), was the primary investigator.
“A team of officials representing the Supreme Court appointed Justice Mudgal Commission arrived in Chennai yesterday (Friday) and had inquired other Chennai based persons and they will leave for Delhi either tonight (Saturday) or tomorrow (Sunday),” a well-placed source told PTI on Saturday.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The source confirmed that Misra and his team members had separate meetings with Srinivasan and Meiyappan and they were not quizzed together.
The committee was also supposed to meet former Q-branch SP Sampath Kumar, senior IPS officer Abhas Kumar and a few
senior officials from India Cements during their Chennai trip.
According to the source, there will be a review meeting of the panel on August 27 after which, a decision will be taken about seeking an extension as the current deadline for submitting the report is August 31.