In a veiled attack at his teammate Brendon McCullum, Chennai Super Kings captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni sought to place the blame of the qualifier defeat on the “experienced international cricketer”, saying that said batsman played very irresponsibly.
McCullum, who made just 11 runs off 16 balls, was involved in two run outs including that of Suresh Raina — a wicket that turned the game on its head.
“I think definitely it (227) was something we could have achieved, the reason being Suresh the way he batted, I think in the middle overs there was some very irresponsible cricket by some of the most experienced international cricketers, so I think definitely we need to have a look,” Dhoni said in the post-match comments.
The Chennai skipper was also sarcastic in his criticism of the bowlers. Punjab yet again buried CSK under a mountain of runs, scoring a mammoth 226 for six.
“I had the belief in my bowling that they will let them score more than 200 runs. But we need to give them (Punjab) credit, they batted well,” Dhoni said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Dhoni said they surely had a chance to win after Suresh Raina came up with a stunning knock of 87. “It was something we could have achieved, the reason for that is the way Suresh batted. One of the facts is one of our retained players, Dwayne Bravo, we lost at the start itself, but we still made the playoffs, we did really well in the tournament,” he added.
Punjab skipper George Bailey praised both Virender Sehwag and Suresh Raina for their superb batting efforts. “What an innings from Viru, set the platform, backed up by Miller at the end, almost overshadowed by Suresh’s innings. We have seen two extraordinary innings tonight.”
Kings XI Punjab coach Sanjay Bangar said, “To beat a team like CSK thrice in a season is an achievement for us, our team showed great character.”