MS Dhoni will have to pay a one-time tax along with penalty after his sport utility vehicle ‘Hummer H2’ was ‘mistakenly’ registered as a Mahindra Scorpio by the Ranchi transport department in 2009, said the state’s district transport officer. (Full Coverage|| Fixtures||Photos)
As a result of the typing error, Dhoni was asked to deposit only Rs 53,000 as registration charges instead of Rs four lakh.
“He has paid tax till 2010. He will have to pay one-time along with penalty as per rules,” said Nagendra Paswan, DTO Ranchi.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“The typist while uploading details of Dhoni’s Hummer couldn’t find the vehicle’s model type in options back then, as it is an international brand. As you can’t put in any further details until you select a model, he must have selected ‘Scorpio’ as model type for Dhoni’s car. It was a typing mistake,” he added.
Dhoni, who is known for his passion for vehicles, added the Hummer, worth around Rs one crore, to his already rich collection in 2009.