Rangana Herath completed a five-wicket haul en route to dismissing 14 for the match to help ensure former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene retires from test cricket with a 2-0 series sweep of Pakistan in the first session of final day Monday.
Sri Lanka won the second test by 105 runs after Pakistan was out for 165 in its second innings chasing 271 to win.
Herath, who took nine wickets in the first innings, finished with 14-184 to surpass his previous best match figures of 12-157 against Bangladesh last year.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Jayawardene ended his 149-match, 17-year test career with 11,814 runs at nearly 50 runs an innings.
Sri Lanka made 320 in the first innings and 282 in the second. Pakistan made with 332 and 165.