That Mohammad Amir set the dubious record of taking the most amount of Test matches – 20 in total – to land his first catch in the longest format of the game would be compensated by the fact that the catch in question turned out to be a stunner. It was the last of the three-match Test series between West Indies and Pakistan. Darren Bravo and Kraigg Brathwaite were out in the middle and West Indies were 32-1. Zulfikar Babbar was the bowler who benefited from Amir’s athleticism.
Bravo dispatched Babbar’s third ball of the over over mid-off, Amir sprinted back and just when it looked like it would be out of reach, Amir dived, caught the ball in mid-air and made sure it stuck to his hands when he landed. The timing of the leap was perfect as Amir had to still stretch his hands to reach the air borne ball.
Darren Bravo was dismissed for 11 but his partner, Kraig Brathwaite, stuck on and ensured that West Indies get into a strong position. Braithwaite made 142 runs, hitting 11 boundaries on the way to the total. While wickets fell on the other end, the opener remained on the pitch and was unbeaten at the end of the innings.
— Raza Mehdi (@RazaM3hdi) 31 October 2016
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Brathwaite also struck up partnerships with Roston Chase, Shane Dowrich and Devendra Bishoo and the West Indies put up a total of 337 runs. Pakistan ended the day under precarious circumstances with just a 31-run lead and losing four wickets. Pakistan have ended Day 3 at 87/4.
Pakistan have taken an unassailable 2-0 lead in the three-match series. Mohammad Amir was Pakistan’s top wicket taker in West Indies’ first innings in the ongoing third Test, taking three wickets. he claimed the scalps of Jemaine Blackwood, Roston Chase and skipper Jason Holder.