Australia fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has a right toe infection and his availability for the World Twenty20 tournament is in question.
Cricket Australia said Thursday a final decision on his inclusion in the squad is yet to be made and that his scheduled departure Sunday to Bangladesh may be delayed.
Johnson is receiving treatment in Perth for the infection, which developed from a cut following the third test against South Africa in Cape Town.
The 32-year-old Johnson led Australia’s 5-0 Ashes home whitewash of England and then the 2-1 away victory over South Africa.
CA’s chief medical officer Justin Paoloni says the 32-year-old Johnson will be monitored closely over the next two or three days “until we are happy that the infection has resolved and his toe fully recovered.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review