Young opener Manan Vohra and limited overs specialist Mohit Sharma came up with fine performances as India A posted a comfortable six-wicket win over Australia’s National Performance Squad in Quadrangular
‘A’ Series to brighten their chances of a berth in the finals.
Opting to bat, NPS were restricted to 218 for nine, largely due to a fine bowling effort from medium pacer Mohit, who grabbed four for 48, while left-arm spinner Akshar Patel took two for 51 in their stipulated 10 overs.
India-A knocked off the runs in only 38 overs as Punjab opener Manan smashed his way to a 95-ball 88 studded with 12 boundaries. He was well supported during a 108-run fourth wicket partnership with ‘A’ team veteran Ambati Rayudu (70 not out) after they were in a spot of bother at 88 for three.
Rayudu’s innings came off 80 balls and had 11 boundaries, as he finished the match in company of Sanju Samson.
India now have 10 points from three matches with two wins to their credit.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Manan, who got his first game of the series in place of an out-of-sorts Unmukt Chand, was severe on the left-arm fast bowlers Jason Behrendorff and Sam Rainbird.
The right hander cut loose taking full advantage of the Powerplay overs, although skipper Robin Uthappa (19), Manish Pandey (12) and Manish Pandey (11) were out cheaply.
Manan, however, got an able partner in Rayudu and the duo scored runs at a quick pace to ensure a smooth victory for India.
National Performance Squad: 218 for nine in 50 overs (Travis Head 56, Mohit Sharma 4/48, Akshar Patel 2/51).
India A: 218 for 4 in 38 overs (Manan Vohra 88, Ambati Rayudu 70 not out).
India won by 6 wickets.
Points: India A – 5; NPS – 0.