Former Indian cricket captain Bishan Singh Bedi on Monday welcomed the Lodha committee’s suggested reforms for the BCCI but cautioned that there could be attempts to “find loopholes” and sidestep the panel’s suggestions.
The Supreme Court-appointed Lodha Committee has recommended sweeping reforms and an administrative shake-up for the BCCI by suggesting that ministers be barred from occupying positions, a cap put on the age and tenure of the office-bearers and legalisation of betting.
In a series of drastic recommendations, the three-member panel, headed by Justice (Retd) R M Lodha and including Justice (Retd) Ashok Bhan and Justice (Retd) RV Raveendran, also suggested one unit should represent only one state, while taking away the voting rights of institutional and city-based units.
“Justice Lodha & his team must b complimented fr exhaustive document on Indn Crkt..now how it’s implemented remains 2 b seen..!,” Bedi tweeted.
“Indn brain can’t b taken lightly-it’s known 2 find loopholes not plug ’em!Let’s wait fr BCCI’s reply!Fr now many rats’ll hide understandably,” he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Lodha committee has suggested the restructuring of the BCCI’s administrative set-up, proposing the position of a CEO to run the daily affairs of the Board accountable to a nine-member apex council.
Among other steps, panel said that to ensure transparency in the BCCI’s functioning, it is important to bring the body under the purview of the Right to Information Act, something that the Board has vehemently opposed in the past citing its autonomy.