Australia managed well to post 161/9 in the warm-up against West Indies with Shane Watson getting a fifty. They then reduced West Indies to 49/5 with Josh Hazlewood taking a hat-trick. Andre Russell (29) and Carlos Braithwaite (33) scored at strike-rates of 193 and 235 to bring their team back into the game. Darren Sammy, who had valuable partnerships with Russell and Braithwaite, made 28-ball 50 and carried his team to a three-wicket win over Australia.
AS IT HAPPENED:
# Darren Sammy runs two to complete a 28-ball fifty and hand West Indies a three-wicket win. What a thriller and what a chase from West Indies
# West Indies need five of the last over. Nurse and Sammy doing it in singles
# SIX! Sammy hits Watson for a six and West Indies are closer to a thrilling win. 10 runs required from 2 overs.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
# Very good over from Zampa. Only 3 from it. West Indies need 25 from 3 overs.
# West Indies need 28 from 4.
# Sammy hasn’t let go of the momentum. Hits two boundaries right after the wicket.
# GONE! Two consecutive boundaries by Brathwaite but he goes back on the third.
# Super over for West Indies. 6, 1, 1, 4, 1, 4. Mitchell Marsh on the receiving end. West Indies need 45 from 5.
# 23 runs in 2 overs ought to reduce West Indies’ pressure. But still need 62 runs from 6 overs with only four wickets in hand.
# After a six, Russell departs to Tye with Finch taking the catch. West Indies close the 12th over at 77/6.
# After 10 overs, West Indies are 56/5 and need 106 to win this warm-up.
# After a good flow of 22 runs from 9 balls by the West Indies, they lose another wicket. Ramdin is caught lbw by Zampa and looks like this game will end sooner rather than later. Windies are 53/5 and need 109 from 11 overs.
# West Indies’ worries piling up. Steve Smith strikes to send Charles back in the hut and West Indies are hobbling at 27/4.
# Hat-trick for Josh Hazlewood. He removes Jason Holder, Marlon Samuels and Dwayne Bravo. West Indies are reeling at 18/3.
# Players are out on the field as West Indies begin chase.
— ICC (@ICC) March 13, 2016
# Australia set a good, strong total of 162 to defend. Steve Smith with a late flurry at the end to score 36 from 29.
— ICC (@ICC) March 13, 2016
# 3 overs left and Australia are 141/6. How many will they manage?
# Nevill goes back as well as sixth wicket falls.
# Australia’s middle overs collapse: 11 balls, 11 runs and four wickets.
# Two balls later, Mitchell Marsh departs. Australia are 120/5 and a little over five overs remain.
# Wickets tumble for Australia…
Maxwell plays a reverse sweep second ball and is BOWLED by Benn for 0. #AUS 4-115 (13.2).
— cricket.com.au (@CricketAus) March 13, 2016
# And Watson falls as Bravo shakes a leg in celebration. Australia are 110/2.
# Watson has raced off to a rapid-fire 60. Four fours and four sixes. And Australia are up to 100 runs in the 11th over.
# Finch has departed to Benn with Holder taking the catch. 76/1 Australia.
# Australia are off to a flier. Shane Watson and Aaron Finch open the innings and have put the Aussies 36/0 after 3 overs.
Australia: Steve Smith, David Warner, Ashton Agar, Nathan Coulter-Nile, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Usman Khawaja, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Andrew Tye, Shane Watson and Adam Zampa.
West Indies: Darren Sammy, Samuel Badree, Sulieman Benn, Carlos Brathwaite, Dwayne Bravo, Johnson Charles, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Jason Holder, Ashley Nurse, Denesh Ramdin, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Jerome Taylor and Evin Lewis.
# Before the game, Darren Sammy had a message for the supporters.
— westindies (@westindies) March 13, 2016
TOSS: Australia win the toss and bat first.