Fast bowler Lasith Malinga was made captain of Sri Lanka’s Twenty20 team full-time on Wednesday after leading the team to World Twenty20 glory this month.
He was appointed until March 2015, Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement on Wednesday.
Dinesh Chandimal, who led Sri Lanka to Bangladesh for the World Twenty20 but stood down due to poor form, has lost both the T20 captaincy and the position as vice captain of the one day international side.
Middle-order batsman Lahiru Thirimanne has been named vice captain in both formats for a year, and fast bowler Angelo Mathews has retained the ODI captaincy.
Sri Lanka travel to England and Ireland next week for seven ODIs, one T20, and two tests.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016