Fast bowler Lasith Malinga was made captain of Sri Lanka’s Twenty20 team full-time on Wednesday after leading the team to World Twenty20 glory this month.
He was appointed until March 2015, Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement on Wednesday.
Dinesh Chandimal, who led Sri Lanka to Bangladesh for the World Twenty20 but stood down due to poor form, has lost both the T20 captaincy and the position as vice captain of the one day international side.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Middle-order batsman Lahiru Thirimanne has been named vice captain in both formats for a year, and fast bowler Angelo Mathews has retained the ODI captaincy.
Sri Lanka travel to England and Ireland next week for seven ODIs, one T20, and two tests.