Tendulkar himself unveiled the mosaic at a function here today.
The company had started the campaign on social media earlier this year and the mosaic includes the photographs of over 17,000 fans.
“From January they have had this contest. We are Sachin and here I see we love Sachin, which makes it even better. It is really touching. It is moving to see such a terrific response and over 17,000 photographs are put together to make my face. And in the background you see tri-colour and it can’t be better than that,” Tendulkar said at the unveiling function.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Toshiba for this campaign and above all, thank all the well wishers who have stood behind me for 24 years. Whatever I have been able to achieve, the way I have been able to play has been because of their good wishes and their support.”
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
“It (support) has given me strength to achieve various things in life, whatever I have been able to achieve on field is thanks to all my well wishers. This mosaic picture of mine, makes it even more special because it is filled with love,” the 40-year-old added.
The photo mosaic is adapted from a painting by Viveek Sharma and the painting — titled eye of the tiger — draws a parallel between the tiger and the legendary cricketer for his strength, bravery and precision.
It is also a metaphorical reference depicting Tendulkar’s fiery attitude when it comes to cricket, according to Toshiba.
“Just two three days ago I spent lot of time with lions around in Gir forest and now I will be spending more time with tiger eyes here, so it’s a nice combination to have. I really like the entire mosaic finish photograph of mine, as well as the eyes,” Tendulkar said.
“I am really looking forward to have a closer look at the mosaic work, which would be really fascinating. Tiger eyes– eye of the tiger (by American rock band Survivor), is one of my favourite songs,” he said.