The BCCI on Tuesday suspended the Rajasthan Cricket Association, hours after results of the election for office bearers of the state body showed Lalit Modi had been elected president by an emphatic 24 votes to 5.
Modi, a former commissioner of the IPL, has been slapped with a life ban by BCCI, and faces an investigation by the Enforcement Directorate for alleged violations of foreign exchange laws. The result of the RCA elections, held over four months ago, was declared by the Supreme Court-appointed observer, Justice (retd) N M Kasliwal.
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel said the RCA’s membership had been suspended “on charges of misconduct” and “an ad-hoc committee would be constituted shortly”. The RCA vowed to challenge the suspension.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free