Kevin Pietresen could be tempted to play for South Africa, reckons former England quickie Darren Gough and presenter on British radio channel talkSPORT.
In an interview, Gough said, “I think he will be tempted, given the way he has been treated, or the way he thinks he has been treated over the past few years.”
“He is not going to play county cricket this year unless somebody comes out of the blue and offers him a ridiculous fee. He definitely won’t play county cricket but he might play T20.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“He’s played out in South Africa this year and did brilliantly. They absolutely love him out there. All these people who think Graeme Smith hates him (are wrong), they are like best mates. He is quite high up in South African cricket. It wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to persuade him to play.”
But if Pietersen is to harbour this path, he will have to wait until 2018. Under ICC rules, once a player has represented a Test playing nation, he must wait for four years to represent another team. KP’s last Test was against Australia in the fifth Ashes Test on January 3, 2014.
Although, age is not his friend. Pietersen would be 38-years-old by the time he becomes eligible which makes it difficult for him to be picked or be in any reckoning.
However, his recent focus will be on playing in the Indian Premier League where he would represent Rising Pune Supergiants.