Kevin Pietresen could be tempted to play for South Africa, reckons former England quickie Darren Gough and presenter on British radio channel talkSPORT.
In an interview, Gough said, “I think he will be tempted, given the way he has been treated, or the way he thinks he has been treated over the past few years.”
“He is not going to play county cricket this year unless somebody comes out of the blue and offers him a ridiculous fee. He definitely won’t play county cricket but he might play T20.”
“He’s played out in South Africa this year and did brilliantly. They absolutely love him out there. All these people who think Graeme Smith hates him (are wrong), they are like best mates. He is quite high up in South African cricket. It wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to persuade him to play.”
But if Pietersen is to harbour this path, he will have to wait until 2018. Under ICC rules, once a player has represented a Test playing nation, he must wait for four years to represent another team. KP’s last Test was against Australia in the fifth Ashes Test on January 3, 2014.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Although, age is not his friend. Pietersen would be 38-years-old by the time he becomes eligible which makes it difficult for him to be picked or be in any reckoning.
However, his recent focus will be on playing in the Indian Premier League where he would represent Rising Pune Supergiants.