Australia batsman George Bailey says his team is looking forward to renew a “fierce” rivalry with India in the upcoming five-match ODI series and feels it will be a big deal for the visitors to beat them in their backyard.
“We have got a rich history and a really strong rivalry with India. We have fought some fierce battles, both in India and here over the last few years. They have played some very strong, aggressive brand of cricket in much as the same way as we do. So, we have to be at our best, some young guys have come in after the change of guard post the World Cup but the rivalry would be as strong,” said Bailey ahead of the first ODI.
Bailey believes the semifinal win over India in the World Cup last year won’t be in the mind of either team’s players.
“It is a big deal for them to try and beat us and particularly away from home. We have got a great record in one-day cricket, including the World Cup. But there has been huge amount of changes to the side which played that World Cup final. There’s been a change of guard, a lot of guys are trying to find their place and some of us guys are trying to make sure that we can stay in the team for as long as we can,” said Bailey.
On the WACA wicket, he added: “It’s a typical WACA wicket, we have had some high-scoring games here over the past few years. But I always feel that the bowlers get pretty excited, they weren’t much fun to face in the nets today. So I imagine they would be licking their lips at the opportunity to get some pace and bounce. It may not be as bouncy as it used to be but as compared to other grounds in the country, it is still pretty bouncy.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review