It will be a tall order to claw his way back into the Indian side in limited-overs cricket but Irfan Pathan will be aiming to make full use of the chances he will get while representing Sunrisers Hyderabad in the upcoming seventh edition of the Indian Premier League.
In his bit to get back that elusive seamer all-rounder’s slot, Irfan is expecting that Sunrisers’ think-tank will make him bat up the order.
“Obviously, the aim is to play the 2015 World Cup. But there will be lot of matches before that and it is the ultimate goal to win my place in national side back. I hope with VVS Laxman’s guidance, it will be a good journey for Sunrisers Hyderabad. One of my expectation is to get a chance to bat higher up the order,” Irfan told PTI during an interaction.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The 29-year-old swing bowler has played 29 Tests, 120 ODIs and 24 T20 Internationals for India in the last 10 years in which he has had his fair share of injuries.
“There was a point of time when I did not listen to rigours and demands of my body. I would want to train hard and do everything at one go. I paid the price for that. After so many injury setbacks, I have started to value my recover sessions even more,” Irfan, who has had decent returns from five List A and four domestic T20 matches, said.
“Courtesy NCA physio Ashish Kaushik, I have learnt to seggregate my training sessions. If I am feeling tired after a bowling session, Ashish would tell me not to worry and return for a batting session the next day. Earlier, I would be doing something or the other at the training not anymore though,”the talented all-rounder said.