The Indian Premier league is around the corner and with two new teams coming up in this 2016 edition this new beginning would surely bring some more intersting things with it both during the course of the competition as well as in the auction. We have witnessed a number of players being a part of several team in the various seasons of IPL. The franchise teams spend huge amount of money to get the best players in their line up.
Here are the six bids that crossed boundaries in the Indian Premier league.
The maestro batsman and the sixer king broke all records when he was picked up by the Delhi Daredevils team for an amount worth Rs. 16 Crores in the year 2015. Yuvraj has been a part of Kings XI Punjab, Pune Warriors India and Royal Challengers Bangalore. Yuvraj Singh has been a part of 98 IPL matches where he has scored 2099 runs and has bagged a total of 35 wickets.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Another surprise package came in the year 2014 when Delhi Daredevils bought wicket-keeper batsman Dinesh Karthik for Rs. 12.5 Crores. Though, he has been in and out of the Indian team but is a major part of IPL as he has played 122 matches and has scored over 2000 runs.
Another huge pick that Delhi Daredevils made in the year 2014 was that of Kevin Pietersen. Pietersen costed Delhi a sum of 9 Crores in that season. He became a part of the Indian Premier League in the year 2009 but had to miss 2011 and 2013 seasons but made a comeback in 2014. He has been capped 32 times during this course and has scored 928 runs.
The India limited overs skipper faced the switch of franchise teams for the first time as his team Chennai Super Kings were shown exit gates from the 2016 edition. He is now a part of new-formed Pune team and was picked up by the franchise bearing a cost of 12.5 Crores. He has played 129 matches so far in the IPL and has been a brutal striker of the ball with 2987 runs to his name.
The Pathan brothers had a time of life in the 2011 edition when the senior Pathan bagged a place in Kolkata Knight Riders team gaining an amount of 2.1 Million $. In the 119 IPL matches he has played uptill now, he has scored 2400 runs and has picked 40 scalps.
Though the junior Pathan is struggling a bit these days but he too got a real value of his talent. In the year 2011 Delhi Daredevils picked up Irfan Pathan for an amount of 1.9 Million $. Irfan has got a chance to play in 98 IPL matches for distinguished franchise teams but this talented cricketer has proved his worth everytime. He has hit 1126 runs till date and has a tally of 80 wickets to his name.