With heavy downpour since Sunday and more rains being forecast for Tuesday there’s a cloud of uncertainty over IPL’s first qualifier between Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab at the Eden Gardens.
Both the teams had to skip their match-eve practice on Monday as the ground remained under cover, thanks to unrelenting rainfall since Sunday afternoon because of a low pressure formation over the Bay of Bengal.
The Indian Meteorological Department has predicted heavy to very heavy rainfall in its bulletin for the next two days and there are also fears of a washout.
There’s provision of minimum five overs a side but in case of an abandonment the IPL has the provision of a reserve day on May 28.
However, it will be advantage Kings XI Punjab if both the days are washed out as per the rule 21.10 (b) of the IPL Playing Conditions, the team with a better run-rate in the league stage will progress into the final.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“If conditions do not permit a Super Over within the time available to determine the winner or if the Super Over is tied, then the team which, at the end of the relevant regular Season, finished in the higher position in the League table (in accordance with paragraph 21.9 above) will be deemed the winner of the relevant play-off match,” the 21.10(a) of the IPL Playing Conditions states.