Chennai Super Kings coach Stephen Fleming conceded to experiencing off-field “distractions” going into the IPL 7 season because of the controversies surrounding the team but hoped that his side would settle down once the tournament begins on Wednesday.
“There’s a lot going on, I won’t lie. There are a lot of distractions (leading up to the tournament). I think we were all uncertain about how it was going to play out,” Fleming said at a press conference.
“We were desperate to get back into the fold of the team. It has only been six years but a lot has happened. It’s nice to get back into a team environment, where you’re somewhat cocooned, and get a bit more info. All we can do is try and be consistent again but yes, it (controversy) is there, we acknowledge it.”
Fleming said getting together as a team could act as a balm for the players’ nerves. “Getting back into the team environment is the most important thing. We’ll touch on the controversies (in team talks), if we think it’s an issue. But I think most players are pretty relieved to be back and playing together.”
Speaking about the changes in the team this season, Fleming said, “I think there are some pretty powerful additions to the side. Some new tools to play around with this season. There has been a shift in that we’ve lost a great player in Michael Hussey, but we’ve gone for some power players that on their day can win games. We’ve learnt a lot in the last six years.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“The players we’ve picked have quality and experience, these guys have done it before. Smith, in particular, has done it before for Mumbai. McCullum’s the same — he didn’t have much of a go at KKR, but we’re looking to get him an opportunity.